BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, December 14, 2009

Channeling my Inner Fashionista

Salut Faithful Readers
not surprisingly i didn't exactly keep my promise of updated this blog weekly but at least it hasn't turned into a month :-S So picking up where i left off, i had an excellent time at the Fête des Lumières. Lyon is a magical place. it seems to be fashioned after Paris but it has it's own engaging charm. It helps to be around awesome people when you are setting out on an adventure and i truly was surrounded by great friends. We all piled up into what we call "The Tank" and drove a couple hours out to Lyon. Once there we tried to figure out exactly where the fete was..... easier said then done. Since everybody and their mom, dad, brother, and dog decided to come it was majorly crowded on every street corner. All 7 of us attempted to get on a light rail but quickly realized that that was going to be impossible. Therefore, we split up into two separate groups and and we were packed like sardines (literally) in this rail car. This was by far the most cramped i've ever felt in my entire life and let's just say i felt my waist being grabbed several times by unidentifiable passengers. I feel if you're going to feel me up I at least deserve dinner :-S After several minutes of following crowds and random maps we finally reached our destination: Hôtel De Ville and the light show was amazing :-) here's some pics if you don't believe me:
The cool thing about this festival is that it last about 5 days and each day there is a different light show and things get more and more elaborate. It's really something that can only be fully appreciated when you see it up close and personal. I'd like to give a special thanks to Jerome for driving everyone out there and dropping us off :-)


In other exciting news, I'm anxiously awaiting my sister's arrival which is only 10 days from now! Strangely enough i just can't wait for her to see me in my environment because in some crazy way i think I've kinda figure out my French life a bit. I'm not the distraught girl who stepped off the train station in from Paris 3 months ago. I'm a self assured, world traveling and (kind of) French speaking woman..... at least that's the impression she'll get ;-) Along with that comes the fact that i will be revisiting Paris once again :-) My heart has ached for it ever since i left it that faithful day in September. So all of this has got me thinking. I need to let loose my inner Fashionista, After all it is the city of lights. If you've ever been to Paris you know exactly what I'm talking about... you know those gorgeous girls (and guys for that matter), with all the right clothes and looks. It's almost as if the girls in those glamor magazines have left the pages to live in Paris. The girls in Paris remind me of the Kanye West song "Flashing Lights" especially these lines:

"She don't believe in shootin' stars,
but she believe in shoes & cars
Wood floors in the new apartment,
couture from the store's department"

Believe me, I'm not saying I'm going to try a become one of these chain smoking, anorexic, material obsessed girls De Paris but it wouldn't hurt to let some of that Sophisticated fashion rub off on me. For example below is an outfit I've been eyeing at H & M and it's actually under 100 Euros:

So this is what is to follow in the coming weeks: seeing Paris lit with Christmas lights/Decor, Shopping with my Sis, Eating authentic Crème Brûlée and Maybe this time I'll climb to the top of Eiffel Tower.....Paris I hope you're ready for me..... Again.

Bisous,
HK

0 comments: