BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Out with the Old and In with the New

so instead of recapping on all the places i went during my vacay, I've decided to take a different route. My blog is not being updated as often as i would like and part of the reason is i wait too long to write a post and by the time I've gotten around to it I've forgotten nearly all the events i wanted to tell. So as the title suggests it's out with the old and in with the new. I'm searching for a change and not just with my blog but with my entire life. Since trying to tell you what all that entails may take a lifetime I'm just going to recap on my week thus far. Tuesday sucked. Yes the word "suck" might be inappropriate and just plain juvenile but honestly i can't think of a better word to describe it. I walked the 30 mins to the bus stop, got on a bus to Bollene, Got to Bollene and walked another 30 mins to Lycee Lucie Aubrac. As soon as i got there i saw a crowd of students milling around idly dressed in ridiculous costumes. Yes, Costumes. As i tried to avoid being ran into by pirates and sexy nurses i eyed one of my students near the doorway. I decided to have a little chat with her to figure out what was going on. Turns out they were having a mini carnival to celebrate Mardi Gras.... 2 weeks late.... hmmm. Due to all the ruckus i didn't have classes which would have been ok i guess if i didn't have to walk so far and catch a bus to be there. Why they can't just tell me in advance about things like this, i will never know..... i suppose it's a question sort of like "Why is the sky blue?" and "Is there really life on other Planets?", truly unanswerable. Le Sigh. Today however was a great day. I went shopping with the French Family. Despite the fact that it was raining horribly, i had a very good time. "T" and "L" were arguing (in a playful manner) in true brother/sister fashion. The reason this is worth telling is because they did all this in English, which made me super proud as well as provided me with some great comic relief. When we arrived to the huge shopping center that is Auchan i began rummaging to find my size. The only problem is i don't know what the heck 36 (or all the other double digit numbers) is as a shirt size? i mean it's bad enough that with the weather and distances i have to bust out my conversion function on my phone but even to indulge in my shopping addiction there has to be a "french way". Anyone who knows me knows i shop more like a guy. I know what i want and i try to get it while avoiding trying it on, so there was no way i was going to go through a several shirt changes just to figure out what size i was. Plus, everything in France runs small which makes you feel incredibly fat and God knows i don't need anymore blows to my ego. Luckily for me a store called "Pimkie" exists, which i believe is a store from Great Britain. they had perfectly normal sizing and like the good shopper that i am, i found a couple things that kept me more than satisfied :-)

Bisous,
HK

4 comments:

Kinzie said...

Hey, just thought I'd throw a hint your way, though I don't know if it would help at all -- but I'm about a size 10 or sometimes 12 in the states, and I almost always wear a 40 or 42 in H&M sizes, which I think is the same for all other stores too. Hope this helps!

Also: http://www.frenchfriends.info/practical_travel/clothing_size_conversions

H.K. said...

Oh you are a Awesome Kinzie! thanks so much for this, it really helps! i never thought it would be this difficult to shop in France.... i just recently found out what my shoe size is LOL

Unknown said...

If all else fails go with your bust size! Add your cup and band size together...that should get you close I think

BeckyCarter said...

sorry to burst your bubble but i think Pimkie is french, their website is french lol.
i had this problem but i just tried on a load of different sizes in H+M once and just decided which ones fitted best. I'm a size 10-12 mostly and sizes 38-42 fit depending on how tight/loose i want it to fit.xx