BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 23, 2010

Refelections After 7 Months

So here it is. 7 months later. What can i say, i did expect it to come by fast but not this fast. I wish i could sum up my experiences and my journey here in a cute little blog post but honestly i can't. I have constant remainders everyday of how my life has changed and how I've progressed in many ways. I really feel like i came into adulthood here and it's strange saying that as a 25 year old but the truth is i found myself in a way. All the things i gripped about in the beginning are exactly what have enriched my experience. I lived in a small town, i taught high-schoolers, i struggled with a language barrier and i didn't see my family/friends for 7 months and i made it. Now it's time for me to head back. I'm totally ready because i know that sometimes I'm too American for my own good but like the saying goes "home is where the heart is". I'm leaving with a new sense of patriotism and a new appreciation for culture.

What i'm looking forward to: Speaking American english, eating at my favorite places (Pei Wei, P.F. Chang's, Chuy's, Chipotle, Hidau, Chik-Fil-A... i suppose you get the point now), relaxing with my friends, having quality time with my family, smothering my nephew with love :-), Driving, having things organized and run on time. Everything....

Things I'm going to miss: 6 weeks paid vacation, speaking French constantly, being a foreigner, teaching my students, eating ANY dessert in France (they are seriously top-notch in this department), being in Paris in 3 hours by Train, Paris itself, all the Fashion and arts, the Eiffel Tower, the southern hospitality, everything......

I'm not saying "Adieu" just yet, I'm off to Scotland in about a week, after that my sister Ami is coming to see me and I'm uber excited :-) after about a week in Paris i will return to the south and after that i have just one more week till I'm off to the United States of America. Life is Grand.

Bisous,
HK

0 comments: