BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 16, 2010

Greece Lightning!

The past week has been nothing but absolutely amazing. I got the fortunate opportunity to spend my 2 week spring vacation in Greece. I went with a group of assistants who really enhanced my trip even further. Greece has always been one of the top destinations that i wanted to visit and quite honestly i never really that I'd get the opportunity to do so. However, I am so glad i did because it definitely is a place that will remain in my memory forever. Imagine this: Crystal clear water, crisp clean air blowing softly against your cheek and sunsets that set the horizon ablaze.
That's what i had in Santorini. Something that i wasn't expecting was
how much i challenged myself during my stay. I rode a four wheeler for the first time and for me that was a huge deal. I'm deathly afraid of heights and water, so zipping around an island with a four-wheeler (often times without road barriers) definitely forced me to face those fears. I'm really glad i did though because i loved it. I pushed the gas with intensity and watched the scenery with side glances every now and again. I felt my heart palpitating with sheer fear and excitement at the same time.... there's really nothing like it. I also took a ferry for the first time, which also happened the be the first time i had ever been on a boat. It wasn't too bad but i must admit i didn't notice i was even on one half the time. For me, accomplishing these seemingly minor feats has given me a new sense of adventure and zeal for life. I can do things if i really put my mind to it and i should never let fear snatch the possibility of challenging myself or being happy away from me. I'm now even more excited for my trip to Scotland in 2 weeks. More to report then. In the world of being an assistant things are getting a bit sad for me. In two weeks my contract is over and about 3 weeks after that I'll be returning home to the states. I have so many mixed feelings about how i feel about it all. Don't get me wrong I'm dying to get back because i miss my family/friends/ and The U.S.A tremendously but i know I'll miss France as soon as I'm back. As for how i feel about the whole experience and my future in France that will have to be saved for another blog post.

One last thing. This trip has inspired me to dust of my writing and create a blog specifically for that. I in no way think I
'm a "real" writer, writing is just one of the most therapeutic things for me to do. So here's the link for any of you who may want to read some of my short stories, or leave some constructive criticism :-) Here it is: Write This Time

lastly i leave you with a video of the sunset in Santorini, Enjoy :-)



Bisous,
HK

0 comments: