BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Waiting and Deliberating

so as the title suggest, I'm (im)patiently waiting for my arrêté to arrive. For those of you who don't know my arrêté is the piece of paper that let's me know what city i'll be living in and which schools I'll be teaching at in France. However, it's not coming until mid June so I've kind of been twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what to do in the mean time.
It's been two weeks since graduation and I'm not going to lie i have been bumming it and I'm totally happy with that :) Well, i haven't been completely carefree, I'm working full time at my place of employment sot that's been keeping me busy but aside from that I'm just looking for activities to keep me focused on my plans ahead. One of the things that I'm really looking forward to is going to my first meeting with this French speaking group that meets in Rice Village. I'm excited but a little afraid, my French is rusty at best and despite my years of French education, I kinda suck (which is basically the whole reason why I'm going to France in the first place) Anyway i figure if I can't be willing to make a fool of myself in front of people in America, I sure as hell won't be able to do so in France. So Wednesday we shall see if I have what it takes.......Next i will like to start *ahem* working out........... Hmmmm...... i feel so incredibly lazy lately so I'm not sure how feasible that goal is going to be. I'm seriously thinking about signing up for a dance class. I really enjoyed my jazz class this past semester and I have been dying to try Ballet but I'm wondering if now is the time for this pipe dream...... I'll keep you guys posted. Lastly, I would really like to host a dinner party before I leave. A few months ago I got into this cooking stint and had to stop because school was kicking my ass but now that I'll have some free time I feel the cooking bug once again. I'd like to make a 3 course meal along with dessert.....I'm thinking maybe for my going away party :) ooooooh and one other thing I'm going to take some portrait photos by the talented Paige Newton in a couple weeks, so pics to follow :) I'm really sorry for the boring nature of this blog but hey the exciting stuff hasn't happened yet, so bear with me.


Bisous,
Hali

0 comments: