I'm reading my last blog and laughing to myself. I never thought that i was the kind of person that didn't follow through with my goals but apparently that is totally the case. For example, i never did make it to the French Group meeting (I've actually missed two so far) first reason being that i had a horrible sore throat and the second reason being that i am still a tad bit afraid of trying to actually communicate in French. I know this is something that i really NEED to get over but its such a hard fear for me to overcome. Anyhoo, i have decided that I'm going no matter what this week and i would appreciate some prayers just in case. Next, i literally have not worked out once since my last blog..... God working out sucks (for lack of a better word) and every time i feel like doing it....wait.... i never feel like doing it and that's my primary problem. There is always something more fun, distracting, and less sweaty that pulls me away. The truth is I've gained weight recently and my family does not let me forget it :( this coupled with the typical "i hate the way i look" girl anxieties has caused me to really feel empty about the way i look. I'm not vain and in some ways i think it shouldn't matter but hey i am human after all....... so to make a long story short i will attempt to climb the workout mountain....... tomorrow LOL Also I'm attending the World Refugee Day event that i was invited to by my fabulous friend Erin...... Everyone should attend if you're able, Here's the info: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=78603249875
On to France rants: I still don't have my stupid ArrĂȘtĂ© :( what makes matters worse is that I'm completely obsessed at perusing (and by perusing I mean my eyes are glued to my computer screen) the French Assistants Forums and some other people have gotten emails from their schools telling them where their going to live and one girl even found out she's been offered free housing :-0! don't get me wrong, i think it's great that people are finding out more about their placements but WTF I'm trying to get my crap together too and it's a little hard when you don't even know the city you'll be living in *sigh* oh well all I can do is wait. I have done some minor things towards my preparation like buying my ticket (i leave September 21st :) ) and scheduling my Visa appointment with the Houston French Consulate (August 5th). On a side note, i had to get a new timing belt for my car and fix the A/C which came out to a grand total of: $533 :( which ironically enough was all my savings thus far for France :( FML now it's back to $0 in savings *sigh* I'm going to have to be EXTREMELY frugal when i get to France....... I will say, however, that it is nice to feel cool for a change and not like i'm cooking in Satan's kicthen. But on a more positive note, I've met some really nice people who live in Texas and are going to be assitants next year as well. I plan on meeting with one of them later this week. Well kids it's time for me to go lurk around the Forums for a few more hours. Later.
Bisous,
Halima
P.S. I hate the Lakers!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Laziness Must be Contagious
Posted by H.K. at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment