So I've waited far to long to write another blog post but i guess I've been thinking about a lot of things these past few days. I finally did receive my arrete, actually i received it about a week and a half ago but due to my absolute excitement I've just been researching my city and trying to figure out what I'm going to do about accommodation :-/ First i should tell you where I've been placed.... drum roll please......Bollene ... BOLLENE!? i had never heard of it, not that i was really expecting to but i wanted so bad to be close to the actual city of Marseille but instead I'm about an hour away :( that may not sound that far away but it is commuting-wise. moreover Bollene has a population of about 13,000 (God that's like the size of my high school) The largest city close to it is Avignon. I'm on the fence about whether i should commute from Avignon to Bollene or take my chances trying to be a "small town" girl. Only time will tell. I also found out that instead of teaching primary children like i requested I will be teaching high schoolers :( I'm trying to wrap my head around how I'm going to pull that one off. Despite the fact that this blog post seems like I'm totally ragging on my new assignment, i am really excited to explore Bollene and see all that it has to offer. After all i may really enjoy the quaintness of the city and the unique discoveries that only this city may provide. It does have it's own website where i found out more about the different festivals and culture of the Bollenese.
I emailed my school in which i received a very timely response back answering all my questions. Basically I'll be teaching at two high schools and a middle school. I will be teaching groups of 12 pupils and helping them with their English oral exam in there very important BAC exams. Unfortunately they didn't provide me with housing but i have been on a crazy conquest to find some sort of housing options over the internet. I mean i won't make any major plans now but i figure it's a starting point. It's starting to get really scary when i think of how much closer my departure is getting. Yesterday was exactly 2 months until my last day at work. I can't believe after 3 and half years I'll be wishing my insurance family farewell :-'( life is a roller coaster.
Bisous,
Halima
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Got Arrete?
Posted by H.K. at 10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment