In a surprising turn of events, i really want to go home.... well maybe it's not that surprising. I think i made the mistake of not coming home at least once to visit in-between when i started the program and now. It was part of my "I'm on my own and need to do this without help" phase... I'm over that now. It's gotten so bad that I've already planned out what I'm going to do/ where I'm going to go/ and what I'm going to eat as soon as I'm back in my comfort zone that is the U.S.A. Maybe I idealized France a little too much in the beginning, it's not that i no longer love it, it's just that i realize now that it hurts too much to be this far away from my friends and family. I've had a blast and I'm learning so many things but with less than 2 months to go, i now feel it's time to re-plunge myself into American Culture. Sometimes i find myself just craving a normal conversation in English or just wanting to catch a movie with my friends back home. The irony is that I'm almost 100 percent positive that after 2 weeks in the states I'll be itching to get back to France...... as the French say "C'est la vie"
Monday, March 22, 2010
All That Glitters.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh girl, I'm right there with you. I'm still having a lovely time, and not wishing it away (only 6 more weeks! but I've only eaten 300 croissants -- can't go home yet!), but I'm also counting down the days til I go home (44). And I'm eating at Siam Terrace, my favorite Thai restaurant at home, and I'll be hanging out with my dogs allllll night. I think it's okay for France to become a little... demystified. It means we've experienced it for what it is, instead of this dream that can't be real. Hang in there, only 6 more weeks til class is out!
Post a Comment