I'm sitting in a booth of a restuarant conveniently located downstairs of the hostel I'm currently lodging at. I'm back in Paris but this time for one night only. Consider it my day long layover until i leave for Athens tomorrow. I am people watching and boy is it a sight to see. The art of people watching is simple. Be inconspicuous, subtle and relax. As i peer innocently through the window i see a woman gently pat a man on the shoulder passing by. She wants to know if he can open a jar for her. He politely obliges and after one try, then two, and finally three. he decides that he's just not strong enough. He waves goodbye and gathers his bruised ego to continue on his stroll. Next i see two little girls with bouncy braids at the end of which are numerous multi-colored beads. They have these long candy pole things and they are playing with a dog and shrieking loudly with delight. Next i see a man softly whispering nourishing words to his infant son as he paces up and down the street waiting for an unknown person. The mother of his son perhaps. Je ne sais pas. I think the most interesting thing i see is the amount of diversity that encompasses Paris. All types of people from all walks of life and different cultural backgrounds are walking past these glass panes giving me a little glimpse of their lives. I'm grateful this, this involuntary gift that each person who passes by has given me. I feel the electricity that keeps Paris alive and i want to capture it forever... I don't want to leave.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Alice has Wonderland, I have France.....
Posted by H.K. at 10:09 AM
Labels: Paris, The Future....., Voyager
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like your style of writing!
People watching is always great, especially in Paris!
Hope you give a people watching update from Athens too :-)
Post a Comment